Monday, November 30, 2009

Getting slapped upside the head.....by God

As I look back on this past Friday's events I believe it was a moment where God was, as I say, slapping me upside the head. I went out to go shopping at the first store at 4 am and then to the second store by 5 am. This is the first time that I have ever went shopping that early on Black Friday. The events that happened at the second store may have been the worst behavior of "adults" that I have ever seen in person. I now call Black Friday the "day of the devil" because of what I witnessed.

I believe that God was trying to show me what my family needs to focus on during this Christmas season. Christmas is not about the gifts that you get for your kids or the amount of money that you spend. What it is about is the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! This is what we all need to remember during this time of the year. While we were putting up our Christmas tree and decorations I asked Jackson (3) what Christmas was about and he said "Jesus' birthday!" This is what I want my kids to think of when we talk about Christmas and not about what gift they got this year and that year.

When I step back and take a look at my life I see many times where God slapped me upside the head. Over the next few post I will talk about these times in my life. I will also be sharing my story this coming Sunday with my small church.

No comments:

Post a Comment