Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Beauty Project Days 12, 13 & 14

Day 12-Sunday the beauty showed up in the form of a nap and then football. There is something about being in my man cave for a few hours of napping and football. For me this is truly a thing of beauty!

Day 13-Monday had two items of beauty. The first was during breakfast as Jackson and I were talking at the table he says "Dad I need to tell you something." I said "okay." He says "last night while I was sleeping I almost said a bad word." "I knew I shouldn't have said it so I didn't." There is something about a 4 year old confessing that they almost did something wrong that warms my heart. This affirms to me that we are being good examples and that he listens at daycare and church. I'm amazed at how smart he is.


The second item that was beautiful on Monday was my wife. December 13th is her birthday and we got to eat lunch and finish Christmas shopping together along with Anissa. I'm truly honored and a bit overwhelmed that she chose me to be her husband. I'm out of my league and not afraid to admit it. She is becoming a true women of God and it is amazingly beautiful.


Day 14-Tuesday's beauty showed up in the form of a progress report for Anissa. She had all A's and one B. The beauty is that there used to be many nights spent crying over homework and not understanding what was going on. After a year and a half of tutoring she now enjoys school and the challenges that go with it. I'm truly blessed that this young lady calls me Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment