Saturday, December 11, 2010

Beauty Project Days 9, 10 & 11

This has been harder than I thought to update daily. Beauty is not something that I have struggled with seeing though.

Day 9- Thursday I found beauty in laughter. After a week of many tears, because of the loss of Grandpa Huber and also remembering my own Grandma Pearl, laughter was a thing of beauty. At work we laugh a lot about each other and ourselves. We do this all within the frame work of getting our jobs done on a daily basis. Also the joy of having laughter at home. One thing I have always enjoyed is making people laugh and I know that I make my wife and kids laugh. Laughter is truly a thing of beauty to me.

Day 10-Friday I found beauty in an email. Chris' cousin Dan sent me a message through Facebook. It was a simple note but it helped me realize that people do appreciate things that you do.

Day 11-This one is hard for me to write. I found beauty in my wife's action of taking Anissa to see her biological father and grandmother. I struggle with forgiving Anissa's father for his actions or lack of towards a beautiful young girl. I continually pray for God to help me forgive him as I struggle with it daily. The beauty is that my wife has been proactive to trying to make sure that Anissa see's her Caca (grandma in Native American). Chris has put the past behind and the differences aside for Anissa. This has been a step of faith for Chris and a show of the beauty in her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment