Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 2 & 3 of the Beauty Project

I'm a little late on this one so there will be two days together. My wife's Grandpa Kenny Huber passed away last night after a short battle with cancer. He lived a good long life and went to be with God and Ron Santo. Here is where I have found beauty the last two days.

Yesterday I found beauty in getting to watch my daughter Anissa do her Christmas program at school. One the fact that it is still called a Christmas concert is something that I love and second just watching the kids perform was great. Here is a picture of Anissa playing her recorder.

Last night and today I found beauty after the passing of a great man(the passing is not the beauty it is how the family has reacted afterward that I see beauty in) that I had gotten to know over the last eight years. This is my brother-in-law Ian's post on facebook.

RIP, Kenny Huber. You are going to be missed by everyone. From the first time I met Kenny he treated me like part of the family and always kept the jokes flowing. I couldn't wait to head to Bremen just to hear stories of his amazing life. I cant explain in words how much of a role model and hero he was to me in the ...short time I had the privilege to know him. Heaven just got a good one. ONE LOVE KENNY

I completely agree with Ian's post. The beauty is how the family has been paying tribute to a great man. The laughter, tears and sorrow show how much Grandpa was loved and admired. I'm a better person because of Grandpa Huber.

Grandpa Huber was also a Cubs fan and something tells me that Ron Santo and him are having a great conversation up there about the Cubs. Kenny was always listening to the games and I could count on him for an update on the score and his own personal opinion on how they were playing.

As we are in this season I thank God for the blessings in my life and the beauty that He surrounds me with. God I pray that you allow me to keep seeing the beauty in this world that you have created for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment