Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Days 5, 6 & 7

Sorry that I fell a little behind. We had a busy couple of days with my wife's Grandpa's viewing and funeral. This also gave me some time to reflect on the things of beauty that I see on a daily basis.

Day 5-We had Grandpa Huber's viewing on Sunday. The beauty that I saw was from a bunch of High School students who came and supported their coach and a fellow teammate. This was pure beauty to me in the fact that 15 to 18 year old "kids" would go to a place that a lot of people avoid. I can say that I almost started crying when I seen this because of the respect that it showed.

Day 6- Grandpa Huber's funeral was on Monday. The beauty came from hearing Tod, Marty and Ted speak about their memories of Grandpa. The stories brought tears, confessions and a lot of laughter. It is amazing to stop and think about all the peoples lives that he touched in his 88 years on this earth. We are all better people for have known Kenny Huber! I can say that I will miss him greatly and the conversations that we had together. Love you Grandpa!

Day 7- We received 3 sympathy cards in the mail today. We appreciate each card and there was one that stuck out to me. It was addressed to Anissa, which seemed odd at first. A friend of hers took the time to write her a note saying "I hope that you know that we are thinking of you. I know it is hard to loose your grandpa. I hope that you have good memories of him." To me this is a thing of beauty for a 6th grader to take the time to do this. Anissa's friend can relate as she lost her grandpa a little over a year ago. We are taught to love like Jesus and I think this is a great example by a great young lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment